615 hours (5 months)
The truck driver program is intended for beginners. It leads to a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) and is given as a full-time day or evening course in French and in English.
IMPORTANT: FOLLOWING THE CLOSING OF OUR ESTABLISHMENTS SCHEDULED UNTIL MAY 1, 2020, WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU CAN NOW SIGN UP FOR THE TRUCKING PROGRAM THAT WILL BE OFFERED THIS FALL (START DATE WILL BE DETERMINED REGARDING THE FOLLOWING EVENTS RELATED TO COVID-19). INFORMATION SESSIONS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED FOR AN UNDETERMINED PERIOD.
COST OF TRAINING: $132
Payable on the date when the start of the course is confirmed.
This program is designed to make the graduate an efficient truck driver upon his entry on the labour market. It also teaches the mastery of economical driving methods and the respect of preventive driving rules, the acquisition of basic driving techniques as well as the necessary knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and travel planning.
The student will learn a method for resolving problems applicable to issues relating to the legislation. He will be able to develop his sense of responsibility and his professional conscience, his ability to manage his time and to cope with unforeseen circumstances, and his concern to project a positive image of the company.
During the training, a fleet of equipement consisting of over 250 units of different makes and models of trucks and trailers is put at the disposal of the students.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
1.Meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education:
- Possess a Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or
- Possess the units of fourth year secondary in the language of instruction, secondary language and mathematics or
- Possess the functional prerequisites (general development test – TDG) or
- Possess the equivalency of the secondary level (AENS) or
- Possess a notice of equivalence of studies or the comparative assessment of the Department of Immigration or
- Possess a Diploma of Vocational Studies with the prerequisites of 4th secondary
2.Comply with the requirements of the Société d’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) to obtain a Class 1 license:
- Be the holder of a Class 5 license for at least 36 months (or 24 months after successfully completing the DEP truck driver training);
- Have a driving record which must not contain more than three demerit points;
- Have a driving license which must not be the subject of any suspension or revocation in the past two years as a result of an accumulation of demerit points or a Criminal Code offense committed at the wheel of a road vehicle;
- Pass the SAAQ Class 1 visual test;
- Obtain a Class 1 medical report form and return it to the SAAQ once completed by the doctor.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the language of instruction.
To register, go to the website of the Regional Admission Service for Vocational Training and complete the application form related to the program 5791 (English training) or 5291 (French training)
IMPORTANT : When our operations will be functional again, you may bring your originals documents in person at the front desk of the CFTR in Mirabel from 7:30 am to 9 pm (closed from 12pm to 1pm and from 7:30pm to 8pm) or at one of our services location from 8pm to 4pm (closed from 12pm to 1pm). We will contact you by email approximately one month after reception of your file. START DATE TO BE DETERMINED
You must provide the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
- Admission form completed and printed via the Service régional d’admission en formation professionnelle (www.srafp.com);
- Birth certificate. large format (issued by the Registrar of Civil Status);
- Proof of education (diploma, statement, certification);
- Recent driving record from the SAAQ;
- SAAQ proof attesting to the success of the visual test;
- SAAQ proof attesting to the processing of the medical report;
- Proof of residence for persons born outside Quebec.