615 hours (5 months)
The Truck driver program is intended for beginners. It leads to a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) and is given as a full-time day or evening course in French and in English.
Following the current situation, the mandatory information sessions are abolished for an indefinite period. You can register RIGHT NOW for the Truck driver program and you can also upload your documents to include them with your request. Note that the course start date WILL BE TO BE DETERMINED.
COST OF TRAINING: $132
Payable on the date when the start of the course is confirmed.
This program is designed to make the graduate an efficient truck driver upon his entry on the labour market. It also teaches the mastery of economical driving methods and the respect of preventive driving rules, the acquisition of basic driving techniques as well as the necessary knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and travel planning.
The student will learn a method for resolving problems applicable to issues relating to the legislation. He will be able to develop his sense of responsibility and his professional conscience, his ability to manage his time and to cope with unforeseen circumstances, and his concern to project a positive image of the company.
During the training, a fleet of equipement consisting of over 250 units of different makes and models of trucks and trailers is put at the disposal of the students.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
1. Meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education:
- Possess a Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or
- Possess the units of fourth year secondary in the language of instruction, secondary language and mathematics or
- Possess the functional prerequisites (general development test – TDG) or
- Possess the equivalency of the secondary level (AENS) or
- Possess a notice of equivalence of studies or the comparative assessment of the Department of Immigration or
- Possess a Diploma of Vocational Studies with the prerequisites of 4th secondary
2. Comply with the requirements of the Société d’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) to obtain a Class 1 license:
- Be the holder of a Class 5 license for at least 36 months (or 24 months after successfully completing the DEP truck driver training);
- Have a driving record which must not contain more than three demerit points;
- Have a driving license which must not be the subject of any suspension or revocation in the past two years as a result of an accumulation of demerit points or a Criminal Code offense committed at the wheel of a road vehicle;
- Pass the SAAQ Class 1 visual test;
- Obtain a Class 1 medical report form and return it to the SAAQ once completed by the doctor.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the language of instruction.
To register, go to the website AdmissionFP and complete the application form related to the program 5791 (English training) or 5291 (French training).
For the SAAQ’s visual and medical exams, download the Medical Examination Report M-28 and have it filled out by a doctor (tell him that a visual examination is required). Once the medical report has been completed by the doctor, you MUST scan it (no photo) and send it by email to Manon Lalonde email@example.com.
Please note that your request will be considered only when we have received all the required documents and when the time comes, you will need to provide the originals of your documents. Depending on the school documents provided, you may also be asked to take a language test.
We will contact you by email when your request is processed, and if one or more documents are missing or non-compliant, you will be notified at that time.
It may take several weeks to process your request. We ask you to be patient, not to contact us regarding the processing of your file, and to wait for us to contact you.
If you have to come in person at the CFTR, access to the center is by appointment only. Contact us at 1 877 435-0167, ext. 7101.
You must provide the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
- Admission form completed and printed on the AdmissionFP website;
- Birth certificate. large format (issued by the Registrar of Civil Status);
- Proof of education (diploma, statement, certification);
- Recent driving record from the SAAQ;
- SAAQ proof attesting to the success of the visual test;
- SAAQ proof attesting to the processing of the medical report;
- Proof of residence for persons born outside Quebec.